Dr. Carolin Zorell
A5, 6 Room A 508
- 2007 – 2010 BA studies in International Business (B.Sc.) at the Higher education Institute Pforzheim
- 2008 Term abroad at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, USA
- 2010 – 2012 Master studies in Political Science (M.A.) at the University of Mannheim (Master thesis: “Corporate Social Responsibility and the Political Consumer: Why may the social involvement of companies encourage political consumerism?”)
- 2011 Term abroad at the University of Essex, UK
- 2012 – 2016 Dissertation at the Chair of Political Science and International Comparative Social Research at the University of Mannheim (Thesis: „Varieties of Political Consumerism”)
- 2012 – 2013 Research assistant at the Chair of Political Science and International Comparative Social Research at the University of Mannheim
- 01 – 03/2015 Research stay at the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague
- 2016 – 2018 Project collaboration at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Siegen
- Spring term 2017 Teaching at the School of Social Sciences at the University of Mannheim
- Fall term 2017 Research associate at the Chair of Political Science I - Political Sociology, University of Mannheim
- Since 2018 Research Associate in the projects "Field Experiments on Citizen Participation in Elections and Referenda" and "New Norms of Citizenship" at the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research (MZES)
- Political consumption, consumer label
- Social psychology (social identitiy, social interaction, judgment formation)
- Political psychology
- Political participation
- Survey design, comparative methods
ECPR Standing Group on Environmental Politics
ECPR Standing Group on Political Psychology
European Consortium for Political Science
Young Königswinter Alumni-Verein, Deutsch-Britische Gesellschaft
Alumniverein, Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft (SDW)
Zorell, Carolin V. 2019. Varieties of Political Consumerism: From Boycotting to Buycotting. London/New York: Palgrave Macmillan (forthcoming).
Articles in edited books
van Deth, Jan W./Zorell, Carolin. 2018. “Politischer Protest und Konsum”. In: Faas, Thorsten/Oscar W. Gabriel/Jürgen Maier (Eds.), Handbuch der politikwissenschaftlichen Einstellungs‐ und Verhaltensforschung. Baden-Baden: Nomos (forthcoming).
Zorell, Carolin. 2017. "From patterns in attitudes to political participation: introducing the ‚concept of the state‘." ECPR General Conference in Oslo, September 2017.
Zorell, Carolin. 2017. "Reconfiguring responsibilities: How the ‚concept of the state’ affects political consumerism." ECPR General Conference in Oslo, September 2017.
Zorell, Carolin. 2014. "Why are Boycotters Not Automatically Buycotters? Investigating the Aims Underlying Citizens' Decision to Consume Politically." Midwest Political Science Association Conference in Chicago, April 2014.
Zorell, Carolin. 2013. "Why are Boycotters Not Automatically Buycotters? Investigating the Aims Underlying Citizens' Decision to Consume Politically Across Countries." Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association in Chicago, August 2013.