Anne Schäfer, M.A.
A5, 6 room A 507
Office hours: Wednesday, 2:30 to 4:30 pm (on appointment by mail)
- September 2008 to August 2011 Bachelor studies of political science and romance studies at the University of Mannheim (B.A. thesis: “Interpersonale Kommunikation und Wahlbeteiligung bei der Bundestagswahl 2009″)
- October 2009 to October 2013 research assistant at the chair of Political Science I - Political Sociology, University of Mannheim
- September 2011 to October 2013 Master studies of Political Science at the University of Mannheim (M.A. thesis: “The moderating impact of interpersonal communication on the relationship between news media usage and political knowledge - Evidence from Germany 2009″)
- July 2012 to June 2013 Semester abroad at the Central European University of Budapest
- November 2013 to August 2015 research associate in the project “German Longitudinal Election Study” at the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research (MZES)
- Since August 2015 research associate at the Chair of Political Science I - Political Sociology, University of Mannheim
Scientific Offices and Functions
- Member of the Council of the Mannheim Centre for European Social research (MZES)
- Substitute member of the Senate Commission on Equal Opportunities at the University of Mannheim
- Substitute Equal Opportunities Officer at the School of Social Sciences
Articles in journals
Schäfer, Anne/Sebastian Schmidt. 2016. "Dynamiken der Wahlkampfberichterstattung. Eine longitudinale Analyse der deutschen TV-Berichterstattung 2005 bis 2013." Publizistik 61(2): 105-122.
Schäfer, Anne. 2015. “Differential Learning in Communication Networks. Interpersonal Communication Moderating Influences of News Media Usage on Political Knowledge.” International Journal of Public Opinion Research 27,4: 509-543. (Abstract)
Partheymüller, Julia/Anne Schäfer. 2013. “Das Informationsverhalten der Bürger im Bundestagswahlkampf 2013″. Media Perspektiven 2013,12: 574-588.(Download)
Articles in edited volumes
Schäfer, Anne/Rüdiger Schmitt-Beck. 2017. "A Vicious Circle of Demobilization? Context Effects on Turnout at the 2009 and 2013 Federal Elections." In: Schoen, Harald et al. (Eds.), Voters and Voting in Context. Multiple Contexts and the Heterogeneous German Electorate. Oxford: Oxford University Press: 109-128.
Partheymüller, Julia/Anne Schäfer. 2016. "Sind Bundestagswahlen noch Hauptwahlen? Die Wahlkampfexposition im Zeitraum von 2009 bis 2014." In: Tenscher, Jens/Uta Rußmann (Eds.), Vergleichende Wahlkampfforschung. Studien anlässlich der Wahlen in Deutschland. Wiesbaden: Springer VS: 177-204.
Schäfer, Anne/Rüdiger Schmitt-Beck. 2014. “Parteibindungen.” in: Schmitt-Beck, Rüdiger/Hans Rattinger/Sigrid Roßteutscher/Bernhard Weßels/Christof Wolf et al., Zwischen Fragmentierung und Konzentration: Die Bundestagswahl 2013. Baden-Baden: Nomos: 203-211.
Schäfer, Anne. 2017. "Dissimilarity in political discussion networks and change of political orientations in Switzerland." European Conference on Social Networks, Mainz, September 2017.
Schäfer, Anne. 2017. "Political talk and the stability of political orientations in comparative perspective." European Political Science Association, 7th Annual Conference, Milan, June 2017.
Schäfer, Anne. 2016. "Political talk and the stability of voting intentions during election campaigns." European Political Science Association Annual Conference, Brussels, June 2016.
Schäfer, Anne. 2016. "Interpersonal Communication about Politics in
Contextual Perspective. Political Talk as a Stabilizing Force or an
Agent of Change?" 5th Young Researcher Meeting of the GLES Young
Researchers’ Network, Landau, June 2016.
Schäfer, Anne. 2015. “Political talk and attitude stability during election campaigns.” ECPR General Conference 2015, Montreal, August 2015.
Schäfer, Anne/Schmitt-Beck. 2015. “Socio-spatial Contexts, Discussant Networks and Turnout.” APSA Annual Meeting 2015, San Francisco, September 2015.
Schäfer, Anne/Sebastian Schmidt. 2015. “Bundestagswahlkämpfe in der TV-Berichterstattung – 2005 bis 2013.” Election Study Meeting AUTNES - GLES - SELECTS, Mannheim Centre for European Social Research, March 2015.
Schäfer, Anne/Oana Lup. 2015. “What changes and what stays the same? Tracking changes in the nature and the relevance of political discussion for individual turnout across the election cycle.” Midwest Political Science Association 73rd Annual Conference, Chicago, April 2015.
Schmidt, Sebastian/Anne Schäfer. 2015. “German Federal Election Campaigns in TV News Coverage – 2005 to 2013. Insights from the GLES media content analyses.” 4th Young Researcher Meeting of the GLES Young Researchers’ Network, Düsseldorf, June 2015.
Huber, Sascha/Anne Schäfer. 2014. “Media, political talk and political learning during election campaigns: A study of moderating effects of cognitive style.” ECPR Joint Sessions 2014, Salamanca, April 2014.
Schäfer, Anne. 2014. “The moderating impact of interpersonal communication on the relationship between news media usage and political knowledge.” International Workshop on Interpersonal Political Communication, Centre for Journalism, Odense, DK, April 2014.
Schäfer, Anne/Rüdiger Schmitt-Beck/Julia Partheymüller. 2013. “Wählerkommunikation im Bundestagswahlkampf 2013.” Conference “Medienkonvergenz im Bundestagswahlkampf 2013″, Mainz, November 2013.